Hire a real estate agent who can help you get there.
A real estate transaction is the largest purchase most people will make in their lifetime. Don't navigate these waters alone!
Here are only a few reasons why you need a real estate professional:
1. A Powerful online strategy is a MUST to attract a buyer. 93% of all home buyers use the internet as their first stop to search for homes. ERA Brokers Consolidated showed over 4 million homes last year. Additionally, your listing will syndicate to 100,000 websites, reaching over 90 million viewers monthly.
2. Complex, emotional negotiations are part of the process. As part of our training, agents are taught how to negotiate every aspect of the real estate transaction and how to mediate the emotions felt by buyers and sellers.
3. Making sure your buyer is qualified is an essential part of selling your home. If you sell on your own, you will not be involved in the mortgage process of your buyer. A real estate professional is trained to ask the appropriate questions and, in most cases, will be intimately aware of the progress that’s being made toward a purchaser’s mortgage commitment.
4. Selling on your own has become more difficult over the years, from a legal standpoint. The documentation involved in the selling process has increased dramatically as more and more disclosures and regulations have become mandatory. In an increasingly litigious society, the agent acts as a third-party to help the seller avoid legal jeopardy. This is one of the major reasons why the percentage of people selling their own homes has dropped from 19% to 8% over the last 20+ years.
5. You won't necessarily make what you've saved on commissions if you sell your home on your own. A study by Collateral Analytics revealed that For Sale By Owner homes don’t actually save anything by forgoing the help of an agent. In some cases, the seller may even net less money from the sale. The study found the difference in price between a FSBO and an agent-listed home was an average of 6%.
Listing on your own leaves you to manage the entire transaction yourself. Why do that when you can hire an agent and still net the same amount of money? Before you decide to take on the challenge of selling your house alone, let’s connect to discuss your options.
Katie Mecham, Realtor
ERA Brokers Consolidated
Sign up for updates on the market and how it affects you.